Terms & Conditions
1. Wherever the term “the company” is referred to in these terms and conditions this means to Response-able Solutions Ltd
2. Wherever the term “the customer” is referred to in these terms and conditions this means any organisation or person who requests services and/or engages in business with the company
3. All prices quoted are exclusive of but not limited to including tolls, dock fees, congestion charges, fuel and other ad hoc expenses, VAT and other taxes prevailing at the time of invoice.
4. The company will make all reasonable effort to complete all deliveries in a timely manner as agreed at the time of the booking. The company cannot be held responsible for failure or delay in carrying out all of our obligations under the contract arising out of any cause outside our reasonable control. In such circumstances we shall be entitled by notice to terminate the contract in whole or in part without incurring any liability whatsoever to the customer.
5. The company reserves the right, at its discretion, to charge waiting time at the current rate as agreed between the company and the customer for any delay in collecting or delivering the vehicle that is outside the control of the company.
6. It is the duty of the customer to ensure that all vehicles to be moved by the company by road are roadworthy and have a current and valid MOT. Where there is no current valid MOT the customer will ensure that the vehicle is booked in with an approved MOT station for testing at the destination for the day of the delivery. The company reserves the right to refuse to move by road any vehicle considered in the company’s opinion not suitable for transit. A £100+ VAT charge may be made to cover the use of the company’s breakdown service for any vehicle that breaks down whilst in transit by the company. An additional charge of £1.35 + VAT per loaded mile is charged for the recovery of any broken down vehicle. This is charged from the original point of collection to the original destination and is in addition to any previously agreed charge. The company will not be held responsible for any unavoidable and no fault damage caused by road debris ie. stone chips to the bodywork or glass excepting where the company Stone Chip Protection Insurance has been purchased. (A copy of what this covers and cost is available upon request)
7. The company require all personal items to be removed from any vehicle prior to the company taking custody or control unless agreed by prior arrangement in writing. The company will not be held responsible for any items left in any vehicle and are left in the vehicle entirely at the customers risk.
8. All movements will be invoiced immediately following the completion of the movement as defined by the completion of a Proof of Delivery by receipt of a signature. The company’s payment terms are 30 days of the date of the invoice. Any queries must be made in writing within 14 days of date of the invoice. Any query raised after this period will only be considered at the company’s discretion.
9. Any claim for loss or damage to the vehicle or its contents made after the Proof of Delivery has been signed will not be considered.
10. The company may exercise its statutory right to claim from the customer any and all legal or collection charges, interest and compensation as allowed under the late payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 where it is necessary to obtain payment from a customer who has not paid any and all invoices within the companys standard payment terms as detailed in paragraph 5. Interest will be charged at 5% above Bank of England’s base rate. A minimum charge of £25 + VAT will be made on each and every invoices over 90 days from the date of the invoice. In the event of a cessation of business due to bankruptcy, liquidation, administration or winding up of the customer we, and/or our agents reserve the right to enter the customer premises and remove goods or chattels owned by the customer in lieu of payment of the debt. .
11. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England or Wales. These terms and conditions are applicable with immediate effect, and supersede all previous terms and conditions. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they are aware of any and all changes to these terms and conditions at the time of placing an order. These will be published on the company website. Printed copies are available upon request from the company by writing to;
Response-able Solutions Ltd
14-16 Diamond Avenue
Kirkby in Ashfield